Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nursery--Phase 1

I started painting the nursery today. I didn't get as far as I thought I would. It took three coats of paint! I planned on doing two but three took way too long. A couple of the pics look like the top half is yellow. It's really a light tan/cream. I didn't paint that part. Just the bottom. Measuring, taping, painting--I thought the bottom 1/2 was the easy part. I have stripes planned next-but only on one wall. That will be even more difficult and time consuming. The things we do for our kids!! Sad thing is, as a baby she won't even notice or care. Oh well, I guess I'm doing it for myself. I also painted an old mirror to match the bedding. It got cropped in the college. If you can't tell, this is the before and after of each wall. More pics to come when its finished.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

That is really cute! If you need any help let me know. I love to paint, so you give me the word and I'll run right over. Good luck!

Kimberly and Chris said...

I love the mirror. It matches the rest of the room perfect. Good job. I can't believe that pink took 3 coats! Maybe the stripes will be easy :)