My birthday was on Mother's Day this year. I was 25 weeks pregnant on my 25th birthday and it was my first time celebrating Mother's Day for myself. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is coming up too. (May 25) I convinced Matthew because of the above he should get me a really good present to cover all three holidays. My list of ideas included new pots & pans, memory foam or something like it for our bed, a comfy bike seat, full size ironing board and other "necessity" type gifts. I would have been happy with any of the above but he went above and beyond this year. He got me this. . . . . . . . .

I've talked about wanting a piano ever since we bought our house 2 1/2 years ago. We've looked here and there but haven't even talked about it lately. We decided they were too much money. Now that I'm pregnant I knew we had other big expenses and didn't think I would get one for a few years. The Friday before my b-day I went to dinner with my mom, sisters, and cousin for "girls night" while my dad and brothers were at Fathers and Sons. I came home to a great surprise! I was so excited. I haven't played in a long time so I'm a little rusty but it's coming back. I'm teaching Matthew how to read music too. He knows how to play a few songs by ear but soon he will be able to play what ever he wants! He's a quick learner. Thanks to all who helped Matthew with this wonderful present: Mom and Kimi, Joy and Mitch, Chad and Brittney and who ever else may have been involved. I LOVE IT!
I've talked about wanting a piano ever since we bought our house 2 1/2 years ago. We've looked here and there but haven't even talked about it lately. We decided they were too much money. Now that I'm pregnant I knew we had other big expenses and didn't think I would get one for a few years. The Friday before my b-day I went to dinner with my mom, sisters, and cousin for "girls night" while my dad and brothers were at Fathers and Sons. I came home to a great surprise! I was so excited. I haven't played in a long time so I'm a little rusty but it's coming back. I'm teaching Matthew how to read music too. He knows how to play a few songs by ear but soon he will be able to play what ever he wants! He's a quick learner. Thanks to all who helped Matthew with this wonderful present: Mom and Kimi, Joy and Mitch, Chad and Brittney and who ever else may have been involved. I LOVE IT!
4 comments:
Glad you are enjoying it.
That sounds like so much fun! What an awesome present - glad to see a pic! Very nice! Most importantly, you can play music on it!! :)
It looks great. Matthew did such an excellent job... and to think, he kept it a secret for a couple days!
it is so beautiful! i love it.
and also very exciting to be getting a girl-hope you're feeling good these days.
joanna beus
Post a Comment