I've had some scheduled event every night starting Friday through this Wednesday. December is always way to busy! Friday night was my work party for treasure Valley Pediatrics. It was at the Botanical Gardens. It was really pretty but rainy and cold! We didn't spend much time walking around because Matthew didn't take my advice and ended up leaving his coat at home. My parents catered so of course the food was good. They ran out of potatoes and got pretty close on most everything else due to inaccurate RSVP's. It was kinda scary. We always bring extra food just in case but it wasn't enough this time. I forgot my camera so I stole this pic off a co-workers blog.
Oh, Friday was also my mom's b-day. I told a few poeple at work and by the end of the night most everyone at my work party had told her Happy Birthday. That was kinda fun!Saturday, I spent most of the day at the church. It took a long time to set up for our Ward Christmas party. Some volunteers didn't end up showing up so that meant extra work for those of us that did. It turned out pretty good though. We served breakfast for dinner. It worked well because our ward has so any kids and it was a lot less expensive too!! I was a little disappointed, however, because I found out at the last minute that my Three Wisemen that were supposed to take the place of Santa in handing out the gifts had a different plan in mind. Someone decided they could just hand the bags out in regular clothes. How fun is that? So much for my long thought out ideas :( Oh well, what could I do at that point??
Sunday was church, lunch at my mother-in-laws, take back deocrations to Melba for the next ward to use, stop at my parents to celebrate mom's b-day with the family, then the company party for Vic's Family Pharmacy. It was at the Rodeo Club and the Idaho Center. We had a pretty good time. We always have dinner and a gift exchage. This year Vic decided to do a relay game. It was pretty fun.
Monday was work then I was invited to Jenna and Quinn's school Christmas program. I skipped out though and went grocery shopping instead.
Tuesday will be work, running errands, making cookies for visiting teaching, then Jenna's dance recital.
Wednesday is work and a visiting teaching get together with my old companion and our new sisters an old sisters we visit. We thought we would just combine it all for Christmas. It should be fun! Hopefully I will still have energy and a desire to socialize!
Oh wait, Thursday, my visiting teachers will probabkly come over. Friday is my dad's b-day. Then Saturday is Matthew's family Christmas party. I will be so glad when December is over. This is way too crazy for me. Too much to keep track of. I come home every night and tell Matthew the plans for the evening. If I tell him too far in advance he gets anxiety and doesn't want to go. Poor guy--He likes to stay at home where it's quiet. He will be very glad when all the holidays are over!
1 comment:
You are way too busy, girl! Hope things slow down for you soon!
Post a Comment