Saturday, August 13, 2011

Brayli's 2nd Birthday


As most of you know, Brayli LOVES the movie Tangled and quotes many of the lines so we decided to have a Tangled birthday party this year. We had her party Friday night and My Grandparents pool. Her actual birthday is on Monday the 15th.
My mother-in-law helped me decorate the cake. I think it turned out great. It was difficult to make the top of the tower and extremely difficult to transport it from my house to my grandmas. That drive has never seemed so long!

Thankfully the cake made it to the party without falling apart!
Other food served was grapes and watermelon in frying pans. If you've seen Tangled you should remember the frying pan scenes. I also made blue jello with orange slice sail boats from the lantern scene at the end of the movie. I made Pascal party blowers found here. The kids liked those. I found a great deal at Pier 1 and got a "magic flower" and lanterns. I realized afterwards that I didn't even get pics of my lanterns that I had hanging. Darn!


Birthday girl enjoying a cupcake.
We opened presents after she had a cupcake. Here are a few that Matthew actually got pictures that included the present too. Not just Brayli. I guess I better give more specific directions next time!

A princess ball from Great Aunt Joy and Great Uncle Mitch
A Disney book from Chad & Brittney (her 2nd cousins or something like that)
A hand painted stool from Grandma Susan
Brayli doing her ballerina dance in her new tutu from Aunt Kimi, Uncle Chris, and Campbell
Brayli trying to figure out how to use the Pascal blower.
She figured it out pretty quick and used it to "lick" her pig standing on the tower.

My cute Birthday Girl
Enjoying all her wonderful presents.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR COMING! BRAYLI HAD LOTS OF FUN!

No comments: