I can't believe Brayli turned 9 months old on Saturday. It goes by sooo fast. Everyone always told me how fast it would go but I never really understood how time could seem to go by so fast until I had Brayli.
Brayli's stats from her 9 month appt today
Weight: 18lbs 12oz (50%)
Height: 27 1/2 in (50%)
Here are a few things about Brayli:
- Loves clapping especially when she knows she did a good "trick"
- Squints she eyes to try and get us to laugh at her
- Covers her ears and makes noises to see if it sounds different
- Blows spit bubbles and raspberries
- LOVES to dance/rock back and forth when she hears music
- Crawls up stairs
- Almost walks (7 steps is the record so far)
- Crawls to the back door often to look at and talk to the dogs
- Gets into EVERYTHING! Literally-It's like she has 4 wheel drive and can crawl over, under, around to get where she wants to go.
- Waves "Hi" and "Bye"
- Gives kisses and occasionally makes the smooch/smacking lips sound
- Kisses her dolls and pictures of babies in her books
- Still LOVES to read and make up her own stories
Reading with her Great-Granny Black
- Still only has 2 teeth. She's had them for a couple months but no new ones yet.
- Eats almost everything except peaches. She doesn't like them plain, in yogurt, mixed with cereal, she even refused them when mixed with other fruit. Silly girl. I love peaches!
Brayli eating bananas. She didn't smile for long though. Bananas stick to the tray so I had to feed her.
- Squeals went she's super excited or when we scare her. She likes us to chase her around and tickle her. We love hearing her squeals/giggles that result from the chase.
- Says: dada, mama, baba and a few times has said what sounds close to book, baby, yay. She babbles A LOT! Her new word is ut. Not ut-oh just ut!
- Knows what a toilet is and how to use it! She's saved us quite a few diapers already-including stinky ones!! She knows the sign for toilet and will occasionally tell us when she needs to go. She will usually go first thing in the morning and after her naps. You might think I'm crazy but it's true. I researched potty training infants and decided to give it a try. I'm happy with our results so far. Hopefully we can keep it up and improve once she starts walking and talking.
- She's a GREAT sleeper just like her mom. We can fall asleep almost anywhere and sleep through almost anything. Brayli however needs a pacifier and a blanket on her face to fall asleep. We have to check on her and remover the blanket after she falls asleep.
I was in the other room talking to Matthew on the phone the other day and came back in to find this. I knew she was tired but didn't expect her to fall asleep in her excersaucer. She didn't even cry.
- Brayli LOVES to learn. She is always watching everyone around her trying to figure out how to do what they are doing.
- She's a little dare devil and basically fearless. If something looks fun she'll try it. Hopefully she still likes rides when she gets older because Matthew throws her up way high and she just laughs. Don't tell him I posted this but he had her in a pillow case the other night (with her head out so she could breath) and was swinging her around and she just smiled and laughed then cried each time he stopped. He scares me a lot but not her!
- My favorite times of the day are reading books and letting her turn the pages, singing songs to her as she tries to "sing" along, and the night-time cuddles before we put her in her crib at night. Night-time is one of Matthew's favorite times too. He frequently requests that Brayli sleeps with us. I've told him we can't make a habit out of that but do allow it every once in a while. We have to enjoy these precious moments while they last!
Just for fun here are a couple more pics
Brayli and I like to visit Matthew on Tuesdays when I have the day off. She tries to help him with his work.
This was at Grandma's Mother's Day Brunch. I love this pic!
1 comment:
She is growing up way too fast! I am not ready for Campbell to catch up. I weighed him at H&M today, he weighs 11 lb. We will see next week at his appt. Cute pics of Brayli!
Post a Comment