Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Fools Day!!

I'm not a big fan of April Fool's Day but this year was asked to be part of a prank. I came to work Wednesday morning and one nurse told me another nurse was on her way in and needed some of my pee. My first thought was "my pee?!?!?!" She then reminded me it was April Fools Day and informed me that my pee was needed for a joke. The nurse coming in had been feeling sick the previous few days and had devised a plan to tell her husband she was pregnant! They already have three kids and had decided they are done. He's even had a vasectomy. A while later she showed up. I consented to participate and provided my sample. We have tests in our office so we ran the test and she went out to her van and had her husband read the results to her. He was surprisingly a little excited but told her to go back in and do another test. At this point she was feeling pretty guilty but pretended to do another then went back to the van. Later in the day he told her she better schedule an appt with her OB. A few hours later she decided to remind him it was April Fool's Day. He had to admit he was relieved and that she was very convincing. We decided later I should have ran an add to sell my pee for pranks!!

3 comments:

Kimberly and Chris said...

That is hilarious! Maybe if I borrowed your pee, it would will me to get pregnant. I didn't even think of doing that to Chris on April Fool's Day! Good one!

Hartleys said...

That is so funny! Running an ad for your pee - that is so something Jeremy would have thought of.

Alanya/Ally said...

That's funny! I told Angela I was pregnant and she believed me. Ha! I can't believe you loaned your pee, though! Happy April Fools Day!!!