Saturday, October 4, 2008

In Remembrance

After arriving home tonight, Matthew and I found a very unfortunate event when we checked on the dogs. If everyone would please take a moment of silence for Bessy's beloved elephant. Unfortunately Touille lives up to her nick name "Chewy Touille". She too loved the stuffed elephant but we believe she is the murderer. The cotton innards were spread all over the patio. Unfortunately it ended up in the garbage can. There was no way to save it. The duck was also destroyed a few weeks ago. Now both of Bessy's favorite toys are gone. I'm actually quite sad about the recent happenings. All of you who have seen Bessy most likely know the story behind her extremely messed up leg. She often slept on the elephant . We think it was for comfort. I only paid $1 for it at the DI and don't think I will find another good deal. At the present time I don't think it would be a good decision to buy an expensive stuffed animal. Touille will only rip it to shreds. What a sad night. Maybe Bessy will get to sleep inside tonight on her pillow and Touille will sleep alone outside. I don't know how Touille would handle that though. She's never slept without Bessy since we brought her home. I bet Bessy will forgive her.



1 comment:

Chadster and Brittster said...

You scared us for a sec, we thought something happened to Bessie or Touille. But our condolences to the elephant nonetheless. Whose turn for FHE, we need to catch up. Is it our turn? I haven't seen D & J's house yet though!